THE ARCHIVES

Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Tomb Of Dracula #12 - Night Of The Screaming House That Screams!


The only 70s era comics that really grabbed me were Howard The Duck and Tomb Of Dracula and what do you know, Gene Colan drew both of them. I wanted to post some Howard when Mr. Colan died, but didn't. I found this in a stack that the cats knocked over and couldn't resist the call to post it. Part Two tomorrow. Happy October...




















Why I don't kill them...(the cats, I mean)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always loved his work. Very filmick.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed this one.

Mykal Banta said...

Prof.: Colan was soo the man at this point in his career and on this title. All I have is the reprints - that huge, honking omnibus - which, looking over this post, don't do this work justice. When will Marvel realize that reprinting comics on slick, shiny paper just screws them up?

Love the cat photo! My cat (Bad Jerome) has reformed me from former dog loving ways.

Prof. Grewbeard said...

i bet you still love 'em both, as do i.

in agreement on shiny crappy reprints...

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Any chance of posting some photos of the cool artwork adorning the wall in the background of that picture of your wife & cat?

If so, it'd be much appreciated.

It looks like you have some interesting stuff there. I very much look forward to seeing more of it.


Many thanks, in advance.


JJ

Related Posts with Thumbnails