THE ARCHIVES

Monday, October 31, 2011

Spook Slowly - Scary Sounds Screwed Up & Stacked Up By Prof. Grewbeard



My last-minute contribution to the general ambience of Hallowe'en Night comes in the form of this comp I put together of spooky sound effects & music that have been slowed downed, pitched down, put in reverse, edited and/or laced with effects for a creepier vibe than usual. It's something that anybody with the most basic knowledge and equipment could've done but probably wouldn't've bothered to do, but I bothered because I've always been fascinated with what can happen when you play a recording backwards or at the "wrong" speed, and so you don't have to. As for the cover, once again I must thank Karswell for providing me with the perfect image for the project and once again he knows nothing about it yet. Scare the li'l ones good with this one. I hope everyone has a Happy Hallowe'en and maybe I'll be back one dark & stormy night. 'Til then...
That's me on the left.

3 comments:

fangbang said...

Professor...this is really cool that you did this. I appreciate it a lot. My Halloween was a big disappointment this year. Most of my cool stuff is in storage and it would take a tractor trailer to get it to my house. I did buy a couple of things for next year. Nothing much happened except a few slashed tires. How was your Halloween?

Prof. Grewbeard said...

my Hallowe'en was pleasant and even genuinely creepy at times, thanx for asking...

Mr. Karswell said...

I love what you've done with your hair! Glad to hear you had a cool 'n creepy Halloween... mine was pretty swell as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails