THE ARCHIVES

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Mad Monsters #4 - Coffin Capers, Ghoul Giggles & More (TOR!!!)


















Well, it seems I'm in a race to post the same Monster Music files with a new site called Goodnight Whatever You Are. It's primarily a music site and also features Heavy Rock and Metal. Rather than try and compete with a nice site run by a nice guy, if he posts something I was planning on posting before I do, I'll just send ya'll his way. He just posted the above, The Vampires Of Dartmoore, which i would describe as a German Psychedelic-Lounge-Jazz version of the Frankie Stein records, and I recommend it highly also...

4 comments:

GOODNIGHT WHATEVER YOU ARE! said...

thans for the props man, I love your site and regularly grab everything you put up. Ha ha sorry for the posting battle. I wish Scar Stuff was still active, then we'd both have to really scrounge for unheard monster music.Thanks again I will certainly be mentioning this blog soon.

Prof. Grewbeard said...

groovy!

Christopher said...

I'm even laughing at the GhOuL Giggles..

Mykal Banta said...

Prof.: loved the scans of the monster mag. I don't remember that one very well, but it sure has that classic feel. I liked reading those letters - you have to wonder how many of those kids grew up to host horror blogs.

And, of course, the Tor stuff was great! How could it not be? As a friend of mine once said, if you have Tor, you don't need fancy special effects. Tor Johnson is the special effects.

I also loved the writing regarding Beast of Yucca Flats: “The beast, his mind and body a warped parody of a human being . . .” God, I wish I had written that. – Mykal

Related Posts with Thumbnails